The Journey

The Journey
Excited and Nervous

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's like I tripped and fell right into RIGHT!

So, God still has a crazy sense of humor. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, HE gives you a 'self check'. But, you know what, we all need that every now and then, just to remind us of who's really in charge, who's really running the show. Nothing is by mistake. Everything is by design and once we accept that, we can embrace the happiness that HE has set just for us. I know I am. I'm going to give it a full 100%.

I never did see Julia Roberts' "Eat, Pray, Love" movie but I get the premise. I want my own story. I've been stuck in limbo for so long and I'm ready to get out of it and claim my victory. Trouble is, I thought I'd be able to do that without truly trusting God to guide me. My pastor at THE best church in Atlanta said it best today (September 23, 2012). He said we should treat life like the Trapeze artists at the circus. There are two roles. The catcher and the flyer. The job of the flyer is to fly. Nothing else. The job of the catcher is to catch. God is our catcher and in life, we try to adjust mid-flight, redesigning God's plan and it is always to our detriment. What we need to do is relax, let go and let God catch us.....because he always will. I'm ready to fly and let God catch me. I'm ready to claim my victory and my blessings.

My sister from the real Mister. I love this chick
My journey starts now, with the help of the best friend a girl could ever have. She saw things I didn't, said things I couldn't and loved me when I wouldn't. And, for that, I adore her and always will. I'm going to take you on my journey towards unrelenting happiness, unbridled passion for myself and God and a recognition of how love and life are really supposed to be. I intend on finding things out about myself that I have been too scared to take a peek at and will challenge myself in ways that only few even think of.

So, let's set sail together and let's see how I will EAT (less), PRAY (more), LOVE (openly) and LIVE (abundantly). I'm excited. Thanks for coming along with me ;-)





“Life is a journey, not a destination…” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments: